Orca Document reading is a synth problem

Hi,
the refusal of reading a whole document is due to my used synthesizer:
espeak.
When I switch to Festival everything works as it should.
However: I have to use espeak, because it speaks German, and I don't know
another synth that's free and speaks German.
Note: Festival pauses shortly before reading the next line, and I think
this sluggishness in sending signals may cause espeak to interupt reading.
Any ideas?
Regards
Hermann