Re: Making ORBit work with MS VS compilers

Hi Michael,

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 2:31 AM, Michael Haubenwallner
<michael haubenwallner salomon at> wrote:
>  You might want to have a look at parity[1] (formerly called wgcc[2]) to
>  build native Windows binaries using VisualStudio compilers.
>
>  We are successfully using ORBit2-2.14.2 (libIDL-0.8.6, glib-2.12.4) with
>  our native Win32 application, while the build environment (also for the
>  application) still is unix like: on Interix, using autotools.

That's really interesting, and thanks for the tips - parity looks like
it could help me with the libtool issues I'm having with MSVC. :-)

Since you've been using ORBit on Windows, did you have to make any
modifications to libIDL? I moved into playing with the IDL compiler
and ran into issues because of libIDL. Pretty trivial changes, but the
code out of SVN did not work.

--
Marcelo Vanzin
mmvgroups gmail com