Re: Making ORBit work with MS VS compilers

> You might want to have a look at parity[1] (formerly called wgcc[2]) to
>  build native Windows binaries using VisualStudio compilers.

Is there any webpage give a higher-level technical description of what
parity is? Apparently it is (yet another) wrapper for the Microsoft
toolchain to make their command-line interface be more like that of
gcc? Briefly looking in the sources, it apparently also then
additionally supports some of the Linux run-time linker features, like
LD_PRELOAD? (But the usefulness of that when still using PE format
executables (.exe and .dll) is somewhat limited, isn't it?)

Hmm, the ReleaseNotes.txt says "It relies on the presence of a UNIX
Layer for Windows such as Interix, Cygwin or MinGW" which doesn't make
sense, as MinGW is not a UNIX Layer in the same sense as Interix or
Cygwin at all. On the other hand right after is says "This results in
pure and native Windows Libraries and Executables". So I guess the
mention of Interix and Cygwin only refers to the environment in which
to run the toolchain, not the resulting executables?

Anyway, for ORBit2 and code generated by its IDL compiler, the
interesting question is, do you have some workaround for the object
file format problem, i.e. something similar to GNU ld's
--enable-runtime-pseudo-reloc? Could this workaround implementation be
"extracted" from parity and perhaps used also in a purely Visual
Studio environment without the rest of parity?

--tml