Re: Making ORBit work with MS VS compilers

> Huh? What file format problem? I ported Orbit2 and use it within a
> somehow big application :) haven't had problems so far.

Hmm. Did you compile with optimization? If I recall correctly, the
problem only shows up with optimization, at least when using the GNU
toolchain. My memory of the technical details is a little fuzzy, let
me check if I can find old mail about this subject. If I recall
correctly it is possible to demonstrate the problem with a quite
minimal test case that doesn't involve ORBit2, I'll go hunting for a
such.

(Of course, it is possible that newer versions of the MS toolchain are
smart enough so that the problem doesn't exist when using them. That
would rock!)

Hmm, there is a description of the problem in the GNU ld
documentation, search for the documentation for --enable-auto-import
and --enable-runtime-pseudo-reloc in the ld info file. I will try the
minimal test cases presented there with gcc and various MSVC versions.

--tml