Re: Making ORBit work with MS VS compilers

On Fri, 2008-03-14 at 21:15 -0700, Marcelo Vanzin wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I decided to take a look at how to change ORBit so it works properly
> with the VisualStudio compilers. I think I have a pretty good idea of
> what needs to be done (I've done similar work for another library
> recently), and I've played with the sources a bit and it shouldn't be
> too hard.

You might want to have a look at parity[1] (formerly called wgcc[2]) to
build native Windows binaries using VisualStudio compilers.

We are successfully using ORBit2-2.14.2 (libIDL-0.8.6, glib-2.12.4) with
our native Win32 application, while the build environment (also for the
application) still is unix like: on Interix, using autotools.

Unfortunately, our patches for the makefiles assume when build
environment is Interix, the output is native Win32 using parity, so
currently they don't allow Interix binaries...

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/parity
[2] http://interix-wgcc.sourceforge.net/

/haubi/