Re: orbit-io-thread ?
- From: Michael Meeks <mmeeks novell com>
- To: Jules Colding <colding omesc com>
- Cc: ORBit2 <orbit-list gnome org>, "Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro" <gjc inescporto pt>
- Subject: Re: orbit-io-thread ?
- Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 10:31:20 +0000
On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 11:32 +0100, Jules Colding wrote:
> True: orbit-adaptor.c line 29. Didn't see that one...
> Are there any reason to keep the magical string if the POA thread hint
> takes care of this?
Sure - I think that the 'do_threaded_io' thing is (potentially) not
safe to be called from a random thread; so if your flow goes:
-> create 20 threads
-> 1 thread at random calls POA foo
then you'll need to pre-initialize the ORB to do multi-threaded I/O.
> I would *really* love to shoot it ;-)
It's a pre-emptive strike on the above problem.
michael meeks novell com <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot
] [Thread Prev