Re: orbit-io-thread ?

Hi Jules,

On Mon, 2005-02-21 at 19:38 +0100, Jules Colding wrote:
> >       The spec explicitly allows for vendors to add their own "magical
> > strings", so we're doing nothing wrong here.
>
> That is correct, we are doing nothing wrong spec-wise. It is just, IMHO,
> not good taste to attach any special meaning to substrings in the ORB
> name.

	Heh ;-) quite possibly not - but it's the only sensible way to do this.
Also - AFAIK there is no particular need to set 'link_set_thread_io
(TRUE)' in the ORB init; ultimately (AFAIR) as soon as you create a
thread-aware POA then it does this for you anyway [ of course, it's
prolly not wise to do that from some random thread but ... ].

	Anyhow - it's not pleasant, but it looks like the only/best way to do
this to me.

 michael meeks novell com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot