Re: orbit-io-thread ?

On Mon, 2005-02-21 at 19:01 +0100, Jules Colding wrote:

> My main complaint against "orbit-io-thread" is that it is a magical
> string. We could do all ORB options by recognizing sub strings in the
> ORB name, but I really think than even one is a very bad precedence.

	You're missing the point Gustavo is making - this is not a "user
option", its a "developer option".

	The spec explicitly allows for vendors to add their own "magical
strings", so we're doing nothing wrong here. I guess we could have

#define ORBIT_ORB_USE_IO_THREADED "orbit-io-thread"

	to make people feel less uneasy about it.

Cheers,
Mark.