Re: orbit-io-thread ?
- From: Mark McLoughlin <mark skynet ie>
- To: Jules Colding <colding omesc com>
- Cc: ORBit2 <orbit-list gnome org>, Michael Meeks <mmeeks novell com>, "Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro" <gjc inescporto pt>
- Subject: Re: orbit-io-thread ?
- Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 18:11:12 +0000
On Mon, 2005-02-21 at 19:01 +0100, Jules Colding wrote:
> My main complaint against "orbit-io-thread" is that it is a magical
> string. We could do all ORB options by recognizing sub strings in the
> ORB name, but I really think than even one is a very bad precedence.
You're missing the point Gustavo is making - this is not a "user
option", its a "developer option".
The spec explicitly allows for vendors to add their own "magical
strings", so we're doing nothing wrong here. I guess we could have
#define ORBIT_ORB_USE_IO_THREADED "orbit-io-thread"
to make people feel less uneasy about it.
] [Thread Prev