Re: orbit-idl-2 ... Anyone?

Hi Jan,

On Tue, 2002-06-25 at 18:50, c938218@worldonline.dk wrote:
>  My system is a "I refuse to wipe my harddrive" systems, starting from
> redhat 5.2 up to a now partial rh7.3 system.

	Supporting wierd and hacked up systems is quite difficult. There is no
need to wipe your system in order to upgrade - in my experience,
nevertheless:

>  Any clues?

	Sadly that all looks perfect :-) I begin to suspect some other things.
libIDL forks the C pre-processor [cpp] to pre-process the IDL files, and
it also forks indent afterwards. I begin to suspect something horribly
bad with your cpp.

	Can you tell me what version of cpp you have. Can you also 'strace -f
orbit-idl <long command line>' and find out what cpp command it's
running, then run that from the command line - and post a link to the
output.

	NB. please post a link this time instead of attaching a large file.

	We'll get there in the end; sorry contributing to Gnome has been such a
tiresome process getting started. FWIW it took me ~a month to build a
working Gnome the first time I started.