Re: Client *and* server?
- From: Michael Meeks <michael ximian com>
- To: katherine goude baesystems com
- Cc: Sir "Dick Orbit Porter Sr." <dick ximian com>,ORBit list <orbit-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Client *and* server?
- Date: 26 Jun 2002 13:15:22 +0100
On Wed, 2002-06-26 at 08:57, Katherine Goude wrote:
> Then why do I get a GLib-critical error when I try to make my program do
> just that??
What glib critical error ? can you post the error message, and the
> It works fine doing the client part alone and fine doing just the server
> part but if I try to let it do both (being a server in one thread of the
> program and a client in another thread) then it crashes.
Extremely odd - with a backtrace we can help you.
> Any ideas where I'm going wrong? Will using ORBit-MT (the multi-threaded
> version of ORBit) help?
It is unlikely that threads will help you solve any ORBit problem, but
they will significantly confuse almost anything :-)
firstname.lastname@example.org <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot
] [Thread Prev