Re: ORBit-0.5.13 TCP/IP networking

Hi Maynard,

On Mon, 2002-07-22 at 12:29, J Maynard Gelinas wrote:
>    I'm deploying a large number of desktop workstations which run
> Redhat-7.3 and provide home directories across AFS.

	Sounds good.

> One problem I keep
> seeing is that on login certain GNOME applications complain about being
> unable to connect to ORBit and suggest turning on TCP/IP networking in
> ORBit config. Searching around the net I've found:

	Ok - I hypothesise this is anything that uses gconf, such as galeon and
gtkhtml.

> http://orbit-resource.sourceforge.net/faq.html#orbit
>
> Which states that I should add "ORBIIOPIPv4=1" to /etc/orbitrc or
> ~/.orbitrc. Unfortunately, this does not resolve the problem.

	It's the correct fix. It seems likely that there's a stale gconfd-1 or
gconfd-2 process lying around; you need to ensure these are killed
before logging on again.

> RH73 ships
> with ORBit-0.5.13 by default. I've looked through the SRPM spec file and
> source to see if I can find something but to no avail. Can anyone point
> either clue me in or point me to the correct docs so I can solve this
> problem?

	More details on your problem would be good, warning messages etc.

	HTH,