ORBit-0.5.13 TCP/IP networking

   Hi folks,

   I'm deploying a large number of desktop workstations which run
Redhat-7.3 and provide home directories across AFS. One problem I keep
seeing is that on login certain GNOME applications complain about being
unable to connect to ORBit and suggest turning on TCP/IP networking in
ORBit config. Searching around the net I've found:

http://orbit-resource.sourceforge.net/faq.html#orbit

Which states that I should add "ORBIIOPIPv4=1" to /etc/orbitrc or
~/.orbitrc. Unfortunately, this does not resolve the problem. RH73 ships
with ORBit-0.5.13 by default. I've looked through the SRPM spec file and
source to see if I can find something but to no avail. Can anyone point
either clue me in or point me to the correct docs so I can solve this
problem?

Thanks,
--Maynard