Re: ORBit2 binary compatibility breakage

Hey all,

On 18 Jan 2002, Michael Meeks wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>
> On Thu, 2002-01-17 at 21:45, Chris Waters wrote:
> > Can you be a little more specific (offlist if you'd prefer) about
> > which version of what will introduce/has introduced this breakage, so
> > I can prepare a coherent alert for the other people in the Debian org
> > who may be affected by this?  (And so I can at least attempt to
> > introduce some "Conflicts:" fields for the appropriate packages.)
>
> 	Ok - so we are in a source compatibility freeze at the moment, but we
> can break binary compatibility - this doesn't happen too much, and we
> try and give warning.

	And I've just broken compatibility again. A pain for people
building from cvs, I know - but we are actually making improvements
here :-)

> 	What an IDL compiler change means is that any package that contains IDL
> needs to be re-compiled with the new ORBit2 - NB. this ORBit2 hasn't
> been released yet, it's only an issue for people tracking CVS HEAD.

	Once again, ORBit2 still hasn't been released with any of
these changes - so its only a problem for people building from head.

Have Fun,
Mark.