Re: TC_Bonobo_Unknown and --imodule

Hi Murray,

On Sun, 2002-02-24 at 01:51, Murray Cumming wrote:
> That doesn't really tell me why libbonobo* installs the --imodule
> stubs/skels instead of the regular ones.

	It shouldn't install anything but a type library which is built inside
libbonobo/idl - ie. if libbonobo/idl is installing anything but IDL and
a single library then something is badly borked.

> And if we're supposed to generate our own C stub/skels for Bonobo*, it
> creates the extra problem that they couldn't be linked with libbonobo*
> because both would contain stuff with the same names.

	Libbonobo contains within itself the stubs/skels for the C code - this
is done in the standard way with pragmas in the IDL to stop the compiler
from generating new bindings for the C code; clearly you'll need to
override that for the C++ wrappers - I know not how that works, the
invocations we use are:

#if !defined(__Bonobo_COMPILATION) && defined(__ORBIT_IDL__)
%{
#pragma include_defs bonobo/Bonobo.h
%}
#pragma inhibit push
#endif

... IDL that will only be built during the Bonobo compilation but whose
typese will be available when this IDL is included ...

#if !defined(__Bonobo_COMPILATION) && defined(__ORBIT_IDL__)
#pragma inhibit pop
#endif

	HTH,