Re: why echo example can not communicate in different machine?

I had a similar problem.  I don't know if it's exactly
the same but my problem was with my DNS.  Once I added
the each machine to the others hosts file it worked
fine.  Make sure you can ping the machines by their
names.  If you can't then that's probably the problem.
 Also, somewhere there is an ior-decode program which
will allow you to decode an IOR and see what name the
ORBs are looking for (just in case it's different than
the host name).

--- DSD <dsdan sesa nju edu cn> wrote:
> I use the echo example as my first Orbit lesson. The
> client can receive the message if the server runs in
> the
> same machine. But when I move the client to another
> machine, it will give me the follow message:
>  we got exception 2 from echoString!
> I use echo-server -ORBIIOPIPv4=1 to run server
> program.and call echo-client --ORBIIOPIPv4=1 in
> client.
> Can anyone offer any suggestions for the problem?

=====
Christopher P. Favret
chris_favret yahoo com