why echo example can not communicate in different machine?

I use the echo example as my first Orbit lesson. The client can receive the message if the server runs in the
same machine. But when I move the client to another machine, it will give me the follow message:
 we got exception 2 from echoString!
I use echo-server -ORBIIOPIPv4=1 to run server program.and call echo-client --ORBIIOPIPv4=1 in client.
Can anyone offer any suggestions for the problem?