Re: Compiling Online Desktop

On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 13:12 +0100, Manuel Rego Casasnovas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've just finalized my Online Desktop compilation, and now I'm in my
> Online Desktop session.
>
> However I don't see anything special, Big Board isn't opened and if I try
> to run it from a terminal y get the next error:
> $ bigboard
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/mrego-gnome/od/install/libexec/bigboard/main.py", line 19, in ?
>     import pyonlinedesktop.widget
>   File
> "/home/mrego-gnome/od/install/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pyonlinedesktop/widget.py",
> line 5, in ?
>     import xml.etree.ElementTree
> ImportError: No module named etree.ElementTree
>
> I haven't any idea about what is this error.

I think there are a number of places in the code that require Python
2.5.  It seems that jhbuild is bootstrapping Python 2.4 by default.  But
your OS has Python 2.5 I think; you might try deleting the jhbuilt
Python, probably:

rm -rf ~/od/install/lib/python2.4 ~/od/install/bin/python*

If you skip the jhbuild bootstrap this shouldn't happen, but we do need
to get jhbuild upgraded to a newer Python.