Re: [gnome-love] Setting up a development environment

mån 2013-11-04 klockan 12:07 -0500 skrev Luiz Poleto:
I did see the JHBuild tool but wasn't really sure how it worked. Now
that you guys pointed it out, I read the entire page again and
realized that I missed this paragraph in the first time:

"JHBuild enables you to run Gnome in a sandbox environment and doesn't
install it globally on your system, so there is no need to run Gnome
inside a virtual machine."

Except for this:
i'm running debian and well current jhbuild dependencies for gnome
development requires installing packages from testing or unstable with
real risk for hanging the system....

(the nouveau driver in testing, the card in my machine and using the GL
feature doesn't work at all so no gnome-shell for me.)

My requirement:
a really well working evolution including the panel's calendar applet.