Re: [gnome-love] interested in implementing a (the) newsreader for Gnome?

On Thu, 2004-09-16 at 15:20 +0300, Toni Willberg wrote:

Also, I'd like the future client to use some external nntp library.
Afaik Pan uses something self-implemented.

A good candidate for the NNTP library would be libEtPan
(http://libetpan.sourceforge.net/). The NNTP part doesn't seem to be
very well documented, but I've used the SMTP/IMAP parts of it and
found
them to be very good.

Just out of interest why have the client use an external library?  Right
now the number of modules needed in gnome is huge, and you don't want it
to get bigger.

alan

--
Alan <alan ufies org> - http://arcterex.net
"There are only 3 real sports: bull-fighting, car racing and mountain