Re: [gnome-love] interested in implementing a (the) newsreader for Gnome?

On Thu, 2004-09-16 at 14:24, Bastien Nocera wrote:

Wouldn't it be a better idea to turn Pan into an HIG compliant
application, and making suggestions/giving patches to make it easier to
use?

I tried that by submitting a proposal for new UI layout last year, but
it was turned down by the developers.

Also, I'd like the future client to use some external nntp library.
Afaik Pan uses something self-implemented.

A good candidate for the NNTP library would be libEtPan
(http://libetpan.sourceforge.net/). The NNTP part doesn't seem to be
very well documented, but I've used the SMTP/IMAP parts of it and found
them to be very good.

- Toni