Re: Announcement: this mailing list will be retired by the end of Oct 2022

On Thu, 2022-10-27 at 11:49 +0200, Andrea Veri wrote:
The migration to Discourse has been in the discussion for years [1],
further actions were also communicated in August/September [2] and
[3]. Either way thanks for your feedback, we'll try to improve the
process next time anything like this happens.

As has been stated before, I don't understand how anyone considered it
sufficient to announce this ONLY on the desktop-devel list.

There are thousands of people subscribed to individual lists for
individual applications that have no interest in subscribing to a
general list like "desktop-devel", but whose existing lists are still
being shut down.

It's clear, since an announcement was made last week that did it, that
sending an email to all the lists was possible.  I don't understand why
it wasn't done back when the decision was made.