Re: Changing primary plugin on Fedora to keyfile

On Tue, 2020-06-23 at 22:09 +0200, Till Maas wrote:
Hi Dusty,

Am Di., 23. Juni 2020 um 21:18 Uhr schrieb Dusty Mabe <
dusty dustymabe com>:

On 5/13/20 9:19 AM, Dusty Mabe wrote:

On 5/10/20 2:50 AM, Thomas Haller wrote:
But it's mainly the choice of downstream/Fedora. I think this
would
require a Changes document ([1]) and discussion on fedora
devel.

[1]
https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/program_management/changes_policy/

Seems the deadline for F33 is in June ([2])

[2]
https://fedorapeople.org/groups/schedule/f-33/f-33-all-tasks.html

Yes! The correct way to go about this would be to file a changes
request and have
a discussion. I would love for that to happen. Would the NM team
be interested in
doing that?

Hey Thomas,

Did we ever file this change request? I think the deadline is
coming up.

the current plan is to file it on Monday (deadline is one day later).
If you can/want to prepare a draft beforehand, I guess Thomas would
not mind.

Hi,

Here there is the first draft of the Change:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/NetworkManager_keyfile_instead_of_ifcfg_rh

If you have feedback, please via email in this thread or simply edit
the wiki page.

I plan to publish it on Monday (29 June).

Thanks, best,
Thomas