Re: NetworkManager behavior answers not found in docs

On 10/25/2018 03:47 PM, Thomas Haller wrote:
Remember, that a modification of the profile (`nmcli connection
modify`) does not take effect immeiately (except "connection.zone" and
"connection.metered" properties). You usually need to do a full re-
activation for the changes to take effect (`nmcli connection up`).

Oh yes, I was confusing device and connection modify, sorry.
Though what you said above just makes me think about the connection reload command. Granted you're not supposed to manually edit connection files but my understanding and experience is that if you do and then nmcli connection reload, you still have to reactivate the connection with nmcli connection up. So I don't quite understand the use of reloading ?

Thanks

--
Thomas.