Re: NetworkManager behavior answers not found in docs

On 10/24/2018 01:14 PM, Thomas Haller wrote:

Hm, `nmcli device reapply` does not modify the profile at all, does it?

Correct.
Sorry, I did so many tests that I misinterpreted this one.

Reapply doesn't seem to have any relevance with modification or
persistance.

Yes so now my understanding of reapply is more like "restore" (to its original settings). Does this make sense even with non disk backed applied profiled (I guess that's what you tried to explain to me in a previous message where you were talking about a clone of the profile).

Thanks,

--
Thomas H.