Re: trying to bond ethernet and wifi with no luck

On Tue, 2018-05-22 at 07:58 +0200, Beniamino Galvani wrote:

Hi,

Hi.

bond-slave-wlp3s0-1 is of type 'ethernet', while it should be
'wifi'. You can create the wifi connection using your favorite
graphical tool or nmcli and then change its master to the bond in
this
way:

 nmcli connection modify $wifi-slave-con \
                         connection.master bond0 \
                       connection.slave-type bond

Ahhh.  OK.  This does seem to work.

But I have to add "wifi" to the bonded connection by (AP) name?  I
cannot have a generic "placeholder" than means "whichever AP is near
and I am already authenticated to" such that as I move around, the wifi
slave of the bond may change?  I.e. in the same manner as having
multiple (unbonded) wifi connections in NM.

Much thanks!

b.