Re: Bugreport: macvlan device choosing wrong parent device

On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 05:25:25PM +0200, Ulrich Ölmann wrote:
On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 04:56:39PM +0200, Beniamino Galvani wrote:
On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 02:51:49PM +0200, Ulrich Ölmann wrote:
This is expected behaviour now, right? (Because of connection "link-local" using
a UUID inside its parent property and this UUID being found in a connection that
has been applied to a different device than what link-local's actual parent is?)
Again explicitely using "parent=eth0" gives me what I want.

Yes, I think this is expected, as the link-local device already exists
when NM is started and has a different parent. In this case it is
better to specify an interface as parent.

Okay, that sounds plausible.

Hi,

I've pushed the patches (with changes suggested by Thomas) to git
master:

https://cgit.freedesktop.org/NetworkManager/NetworkManager/commit/?id=c9edd222c56cc2ecf55bba64012798c99252f64a

Thanks,
Beniamino