Re: nmcli c does not list modem device

Thanks Aleksander. I checked build logs and indeed, configure log said:
  modemmanager-1: no
I re-run networkmanager recipe and it switched to "yes". I don't know how this can happen.

There is no explicit "--with-modem-manager-1" in the networkmanager recipe (meta-openembedded layer), so most likely this information has been taken from ModemManager libraries. I do have my own overlay recipe for networkmanager that just makes one patch that edit dhclient.conf file for providing mac address for client identification. So, that recipe overlay just feeds one patch and does not touch to configuration at all.

Anyhow, now I re-built the image and it seems now working. Thank you for your help.

Best regards,
Matti

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 2:55 PM, matti kaasinen
<matti kaasinen gmail com> wrote:
> In fact there are two more messages preceding those ones I mentioned before,
> but I guess they have nothing to do with this problem. I'll get following
> messages, if I have MM running from boot:
>
> src/nm-udev-manager.c:568] handle_uevent(): UDEV event: action 'add' subsys
> 'net' device 'wwan0'
> src/nm-udev-manager.c:477] net_add(): (wwan0): ignoring interface with
> devtype 'wwan'
> src/modem-manager/nm-modem-manager.c:280] poke_modem_cb(): Requesting to
> (re)launch modem-manager...
> src/modem-manager/nm-modem-manager.c:280] poke_modem_cb(): Requesting to
> (re)launch modem-manager...
> src/modem-manager/nm-modem-manager.c:280] poke_modem_cb(): Requesting to
> (re)launch modem-manager...

That is trying to launch the old ModemManager, which has a different bus name.

You need to configure NetworkManager explicitly with
"--with-modem-manager-1", or explicitly add ModemManager libraries as
build dependency on your yocto recipe, so that the requirement of
"--with-modem-manager-1" is detected automatically.

--
Aleksander
https://aleksander.es