Could not find "pppd" binary

Hi guys

I finally got MM 1.4.12 and 1.0.10 working and talking to each other...after a long battle.
I got NM to a point that it detects MM and after all MM set up is done, it tries to bring up the connection I have up but it fails saying pppd binary not found. I compiled the NM with the optionĀ --with-pppd= but it still says that.

Any idea why? Should I switch to PPP service provided by NM? Is it stable and ready to use in a production environment? How do I make the switch?

Thanks!