Re: openvpn cmdline communication to NM

On Tue, 2016-06-14 at 10:47 -0400, Martin Langhoff wrote:
On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 10:33 AM, Thomas Haller <thaller redhat com>
wrote:

Also, import silently ignores unknown values from the file.
https://git.gnome.org/browse/network-manager-openvpn/tree/propertie
s/import-export.c?id=96081a2c2e05f64d89433d150053291516bddd5e#n1409
Maybe that is a bug, but fixing it might mean that we fail to
import a
lot of connections that we imported previously (and which may
actually
work, as it is not clear that the ignored properties are
essential).
Would logging or being verbose about the ignored values _break_ the
import?

The import is done by a plugin (a shared library), usually as part of
nm-connection-editor. A library should not just print messages to the
stdout/stderr of the calling process.

It would need a more elaborate scheme to report warnings back to the
calling application.

Thomas