Re: openvpn cmdline communication to NM

On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 10:57 AM, Thomas Haller <thaller redhat com> wrote:
It would need a more elaborate scheme to report warnings back to the
calling application.

I can report that, as an end-user, NM is a complete mystery when
anything doesn't work. So +1000 votes for some feedback facility :-)

VPNs are specially hard to debug, but pretty much any problem is a dog
to diagnose. I have experience with NM diagnosis (from my OLPC years,
where we ran a patched NM, mesh networking, all sorts of fun stuff),
and I get stumped like a newbie.

I say this with lots of love and affection for NM and dev team.
There's been huge progress and many things Just Work; and that's
amazing.

cheers.

 martin langhoff gmail com
 - ask interesting questions  ~  http://linkedin.com/in/martinlanghoff