openvpn cmdline communication to NM

Hi List!

is there a practical way to get openvpn commandline to talk to NM to
have NM update resolv.conf with the DNS settings coming from the VPN
endpoint?

I regularly find in the field openvpn setups which refuse to work well
with NM's openvpn support. Sometimes I can file the relevant bugs,
chase the whole thing down, etc. Sometimes I can't. I am not sure what
complexities prevent a more straightforward import of ovpn files that
'just works', I can only bear witness that it has very rarely Just
Worked for me.

openvpn cli luckily always works. Is there a way to tell it to send
the right dbus msg?

thank you,

 martin langhoff gmail com
 - ask interesting questions  ~  http://linkedin.com/in/martinlanghoff