Re: NetworkManager doesn't "Connect automatically"

Hi Thomas,

Thomas Haller <thaller redhat com> writes:

Hi,

There are very little dependencies of NetworkManager to systemd. Note
that the src/systemd directory contains a self-contained copy of
systemd sources. That is, you don't need an systemd dependency for
those.

Regarding session management, you'd only have to patch
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/NetworkManager/NetworkManager/tree/src/nm-session-monitor.c?id=fa15543179aa8ca8e082267121e7df4a131bf642
That seems doable.

That makes sense.  I've tried applying a patch like the one attached to
this email.  Even though NetworkManager builds, and the output in the
build log suggests that it's using systemd (really, elogind) for session
tracking, it still doesn't automatically connect.  There are messages
from NetworkManager in my syslog messages (see attached file
"excerpts-from-logs.txt"), but there appears to be no information about
why NetworkManager is not automatically connecting.

Does the patch and build output look reasonable to you?  Perhaps I
missed something obvious.  What's a good way to debug this?  What code
path is supposed to be executed when NetworkManager automatically
connects?  How can I verify if that code path is being executed?  Even a
simple tip to get me going in the right direction would be very helpful.

Thank you,

--
Chris