Re: dns update for ipv6 using dhcpv6

Hi Tim,

I don't think there is a bug there.

The modify command modifies an existing connection.

Note that the name is not a unique ID, maybe you had multiple
connections with "System eth0" name?

Note that a connection can be in-memory only. If you modify a
connection, it gets persisted to disk (unless you specify
--temporary).

In some cases, NM might generates a in-memory connection.

You would see all connections with `nmcli connection`.

Thomas
ok. I’m making some progress. However, I cannot get the other configuration file merged into /var/lib/NetworkManager/dhclient6-eth0.conf. I’m putting the commands that work for dhclient into a file in /etc/NetworkManager/dhclient6-eth0.conf. Lines beginning with # get merged in, but actual commands are silently dropped. The line that works as an explicit config file for dhclient is:

send fqdn.fqdn “wibble.example.com”;

Guessing that I’ve got the syntax wrong, I tried one of the lines from the end of the merged file, assuming that the syntax is correct, but that didn’t get merged in either:

# stuff to include
also request dhcp6.client-id;
#send fqdn.fqdn “wibble.example.com”;

gets merged in thus (last three lines from NM):
# Created by NetworkManager
# Merged from /etc/NetworkManager/dhclient6-eth0.conf

# stuff to include
#send fqdn.fqdn “wibble.example.com";
also request dhcp6.client-id;
also request dhcp6.name-servers;
also request dhcp6.domain-search;

Where's my mistake/what’s the correct syntax?

Tim