Re: failure with bridge devices

On Wed, Sep 30, Dan Williams wrote:

Backwards compatibility, an intention to replicate the behavior of
various legacy network initscripts that had the same behavior (where eg
'ifup br0' after boot didn't bring up slaves), and because it's not
always the case that you want every single slave configuration that
references 'br0' to be started when br0 starts.  In general, NM tries to
be less destructive by default, and allow you to opt into destruction :)

Just to emulate a buggy ifup? Not sure if our ifup even had a mode to
leave slaves alone. I suggest to patch the buggy behaviour into the
distro packages where needed, instead of having people patch the correct
behaviour into the packages..

Olaf