Re: failure with bridge devices

Am 29.09.2015 um 13:21 schrieb Jirka Klimes:
On Mon, 28 Sep 2015 09:05:02 +0200
Olaf Hering <olaf aepfle de> wrote:
So my questions:
Are there known bugs in the cooperation between NM and GNOME?
I don't think there is a known serious issue.

At least GNOME 3.16 is unable to do anything with bridges, except that
they can be configured.

Are bridge devices fully supported? If so, why did NM not bringup
onboard before configuring bridge?
Yes, bridge configurations are supported. You might got confused by
the fact bringing up a bridge profile does not automatically bring up
its slaves. Basically, you need to connect all slaves (bridge master
will be connected as a dependency).

But, as you have found there is a new property to influence the
behaviour (connection.autoconnect-slaves). When you set it to '1' you
can activate bridge and its slaves will be activated too.

Why is it off by default? What is the point of that behaviour?

Below is the output of what I configured with 'nm-connection-editor'.
Why is that output even localized?!
What is the issue with localization/no-localization?

Its translated at the wrong layer. But after all, they also gave us
~/Schreibtisch, ~/ビデオ, ~/Público and other odd directory names. So it
just makes sense to translate property names as well. I think in the
future we will get /proc/версия too...

Olaf