Re: MC 7304 ipv4v6

Am 25.11.2015 um 11:12 schrieb Bjørn Mork:
Bjørn Mork <bjorn mork no> writes:

But I believe I implemented it the last time this was discussed.  I'll
see if I can dig up the old code for a demo.  Not going to rush this
anyway.  I'd like everyone to be happy with the result.  And it's going
to be immutable once it's in.

git is a wonderful tool.  Nothing is ever lost :)

I found my example code in an old v3.2 based branch, and turned it into
a demo on the bus to job.  Note that this requires a minor change to
usbnet.c as well, to prevent it from doing eth_type_trans() on the rx
skbs we pass on to it.  Therefore two, eh.. three, patches.

You are so fast. :-)

Some questions to your detailed solution and the invitation to test.

I need a very recent kernel (I have seen 4.4 in patch 003)?

I need to follow your instructions (why do you use sometimes ifconfig instead of ip ?)

- with ModemManager/Networkmanager disabled - exclusively using qmi-cli

so far I can follow.

Your example has IPv4. Do I need additionally qmicli-commands for testing IPv4v6?

Because the test contains kernel-compilation, where I am totally out of practice, I cannot promise a date for test results.

Regards,

Thomas