Re: MC 7304 ipv4v6

Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> writes:
On Tue, 2015-11-24 at 22:51 +0100, Bjørn Mork wrote:

My vote would be sysfs, with values "raw-ip" or "802.3" that you can
read and write to the file.  At least then they are human-readable.
 It's also easier to use from scripts than parsing ethtool output.

Maybe even easier with a boolean qmi/raw_ip file, since we are only going
to offer two alternatives anyway?  Then you don't have to figure out
what strings are accepted, and we won't end up having to parse
'raw-ip/rawip/raw_ip/rwa-ip/rawIP/etc'.

But what do you think about the first part of this: Is it acceptable to
leave it to userspace to figure out how to work around the problem,
switching to raw-ip in this case?

Bjørn