Approaching NetworkManager 1.2

Hello everyone,

It's been some time since the work on NetworkManager 1.2 has begun. A
lot of what's been planed has been implemented and we believe we should
wrap up the work and do a major release.

The wiki page with 1.2 feature page has been updated with the features
we're like to see in the release (most of it already implemented):
https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/NetworkManager/12FeaturesPlanning

If anyone believes anything important is missing it's a good time to
speak up now.

Since the new release will bring significant changes, we'll be doing a
beta release (likely towards the end of this year) once the new APIs
are settled.

When the remaining work that won't involve interface changes is done
we'll do a release candidate and repeat that until the wrinkles are
ironed out and the feedback is sufficiently good.

Thanks,
Lubo