Re: Gobi 3000 (1199:901F)

Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> writes:
On Thu, 2015-01-29 at 10:24 -0500, Jeremy Moles wrote:
I'm working on testing this patch, but something else funny is
occurring. I can no longer actually query the device using qmicli
anymore under any condition... every attempt times out or returns:

[29 Jan 2015, 10:23:06] -Warning ** [/dev/cdc-wdm0] QMI framing error
detected

I will try and resolve these and get you an answer.

Also: the code you added in qmi_wwan never even gets evaluated AT ALL
until I switch the device into the mode (via the sysfs echo) that
exposes the serial ports; does that sound backwards to you, too?

That sounds odd; is your device driven by MBIM or QMI here?  At least on
most Sierra devices with either DirectIP or QMI support, they will also
expose a couple serial ports too.  Which mode are you in to start with,
and which mode are you switching too, and how are you doing that via
sysfs?

Note that if this device is like the MC77xx, then it will switch control
protocol based on protocol snooping and *not* the selected USB
descriptors.  So if you probe it as MBIM then it becomes MBIM,
regardless of whether it is driven by cdc_mbim or qmi_wwan.  It does not
really support switching modes without being completely reset.  You
should let udev select a mode as soon as it is discovered and stick with
that.

BJørn