Re: is anyone actually still using WiMAX

On 11/02/15 11:27, Michael Biebl wrote:
Am 10.02.2015 um 15:53 schrieb Dan Winship:
While taking cheap potshots at WiMAX during devconf.cz, we started
wonder whether anyone would care (or even notice) if we dropped support
for it in NM 1.2, given that:

[…]

Of course this would not affect people using WiMAX via external hotspots
(assuming such people and hotspots still exist).

Debian (and Ubuntu) never enabled WiMAX support in our packages. I don't
have plans to enable it in our Debian packages either.
So from my PoV, feel free to drop WiMAX support.

Probably worth pointing out, here in Australia there's been a move to
get better Internet coverage in rural areas using fixed-wireless broadband.

There's talk of that being based on "WiMAX 2", so there could be more
demand for WiMAX support in Linux in the future.
--
Stuart Longland
Systems Engineer