Re: Request for discussion: patch - remove "also request dhcpv6.server-id"

On Wed, 2014-07-16 at 23:07 +0200, Thomas Schäfer wrote:
Hi,

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3315.txt

15.12. Information-request Message

   Clients MUST discard any received Information-request messages.

   Servers MUST discard any received Information-request message that
   meets any of the following conditions:

   -  The message includes a Server Identifier option and the DUID in
      the option does not match the server's DUID.
   -  The message includes an IA option.

Is the behavior of the devices correct?
Are there other RFCs
(e.g. RFC 4361, RFC 5494, RFC 6221, RFC 6422, RFC 6644, RFC 7083, RFC 7227 )
with different updated rules?

Or I am completely wrong?
(because of mixing Server Identifier and Option Request Server Identifier?)

The also_request() is saying "please server, send me your DUID!" so it
shouldn't contravene the RFC here.  However, I don't think we care a lot
about the server DUID in NM itself, so I think the patch should be fine.
If dhclient needs the server DUID, dhclient will figure out how to get
it.