Re: nameserver order

On Thu, 2014-07-17 at 10:17 -0400, Mauricio Tavares wrote:
      I have two interfaces, each of them picking dhcp info from two
distinct servers (different networks). How can I tell network manager
to use the nameserver from interface B first and then that from
interface A? If we were to use /etc/resolv.conf, I want

nameserver 192.168.4.1
nameserver 10.0.0.1

Instead of

nameserver 10.0.0.1
nameserver 192.168.4.1

NM will prefer the nameserver of the "default" interface, which is the
interface that currently has the default route.  So if 192.168.4.1 comes
from an interface which shouldn't really get the default route, you can
set "never-default" to TRUE for that interface.  For
nm-connection-editor, that option is the "Use this connection only for
resources on its network" checkbox in the Routes dialog of the IPv4 tab.
For other GUIs (eg, KDE) there will be a similar option.  For direct
config file editing, it depends on your distro...  if you have
questions, let us know!