Re: Fwd: Having a hard time with NetworkManager on ArchLinux

Hi Yves,

seeing your other emails, it seems that you got it working now?
Are there any issues left?

From the log file, one thing I see is that it fails to get an IPv6
address using router discovery (SLAAC). Likely your router, does
not announce IPv6 routes, so NetworkManager fails activating the
connection because it gets no addresses.

If you still have issues, try to connect first with IPv6 disabled (or
tick the check-box saying something like "proceed on even if IPv6
addresses fail".

This just dawned on me, but should I have dhcpcd running while trying
to connect with NetworkManager?

No, if you use NetworkManager, you don't have to start any of these
demons yourself. NetworkManager will (depending on the configuration)
start them when it needs to.

Thomas