typical server environment?

Also, just to make sure.  Would you consider this the proper way to
disable/remove NM in favor of the legacy service?

#1.  Remove NM
systemctl stop NetworkManager
systemctl disable NetworkManager
yum remove NetworkManager

#2.  Config file
Edit /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/icfg-*
and add:
NM_CONTROLLED=no
HWADDR=<your-NIC-MAC> (if it's not already there)

p.d. even though NM is removed, I still put NM_CONTROLLED just in case
it gets installed in a future time.

#3. Assign gateway
Edit /etc/sysconfig/network

#4.  DNS
Make sure correct entries are in /etc/resolv.conf

#5. Enable Legacy Network
systemctl enable network
systemctl start network

Thanks!