Re: Control Center App vs nm-connection-editor

On Thu, 2014-01-09 at 14:17 -0600, Dan Williams wrote:
On Thu, 2014-01-09 at 15:52 +1300, Simon Geard wrote:
One thing I noted the other day is that the Gnome UI doesn't support
setting up connection sharing (i.e configuring the machine as a gateway,
running a DHCP server, etc. Had to resort to nm-connection-editor for
that.

It does for creation of a WiFi Hotspot, which will then have access to
your upstream ISP (whether over ethernet, WWAN, etc).  But it doesn't
AFAIK support connection sharing between arbitrary connections.

In my case, I have a workstation with a failing wireless card, an old
netbook with working wireless, and a crossover ethernet cable. Probably
not a typical use case, I'll grant...

Simon.