Modifying properties of connections on Ubuntu

Greetings All,

I am creating my own client application for all network settings for Ubuntu (13.10) based on Qt. I am using NM Dbus interface to do all the good work. My problem is

1) When I create a new wireless connection (using AddAndActivateConnection) and if I provide wrong security settings, I want a good signal reported back to my application against which I can tell user to provide good password, but instead Ubuntu dialog box appears asking me good password.

2) The same happens if for existing connection, the Access Point change the security key, so my application when go to connect, does not ask me to provide new password, instead Ubuntu dialog box appears to ask me the password.

In both cases a connection is there, but its properties has changed so NM throws signal PropertiesChanged on the Wireless Device interface. My application is also registering for this signal but still it is not receiving it instead it is being passed to Ubuntu NM applet.

My question is how can I change this behavior in a way when a connection has been changed for a given AP, my application receives the signal instead being passed to Ubuntu NM applet.

Thank you for your time.

--
Regards,
Farrukh Arshad.

"There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don’t"