Re: SMS sending error with Telit module

On 04/05/2013 04:29 PM, Enrico Murador - Research & Development - CET wrote:
Great news!
Now I'm able to successfully enable my modem with "mmcli -m 0 -e"
without MM crashing.
I also sent a SMS using "mmcli -m 0 --messaging-create-sms ..." and
"mmcli -s (sms number) --send.

But...
I'm not able to make a data connection (at least the "graphical way")...
I have the following (latest) PPA packages installed:

libmm-glib0
modemmanager
modemmanager-dbg
network-manager
network-manager-gnome
libnm-util2
libnm-glib4
libnm-glib-vpn1
libnm-gtk-common
libnm-gtk0

Following packages are installed, but revision 0.9.6.0:

network-manager-pptp
network-manager-pptp-gnome

I can't see my modem in the combo list of the "new mobile broadband
connection" graphical wizard (even after I enable the modem with "mmcli
-m 0 -e").

Is there a way to make the graphical section of the connection manager
to work again? I plan to let the user to graphically configure the
mobile connection, then start/stop it from command line (e.g. with
"nmcli con up/down").

Thank you very much

You'll need NetworkManager and network-manager-applet also from the PPA,
compiled to use the new MM1 interface.

--
Aleksander