Re: SMS sending error with Telit module

On 04/02/2013 12:09 PM, Enrico Murador - Research & Development - CET wrote:
Also, if you have
some time and the ability to run valgrind on the system, could you run
ModemManager under valgrind  like so?

mv /usr/sbin/ModemManager /
killall -TERM ModemManager
G_SLICE=always-malloc valgrind /ModemManager --debug

and grab the resulting log output to see if valgrind can detect where
the problem is coming from?  Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!
Dan

I've attached the logs of both gdb and valgrind, using MM from updated
package (see above). I've ran valgrind with leak-check=full.

leack-check=full is really not needed here as we didn't want the leak
reports, just the invalid memory accesses reported by valgrind/memcheck.

Anyway, valgrind didn't say anything useful. Still the "stack smashing
detected" error is telling us we're writing out of bounds of an array or
something.

Looking at the MMQcdmSerialPort response parser, there is something that
we're not doing very well (playing with GByteArray internals). I tried
to prepare a fix for that in the 'aleksander/fix-qcdm-parser' branch in
MM git, and wouldn't mind a review and more tests with it before merging
to git master... Whether that is the fix you need, I don't know yet :)

--
Aleksander