Re: Can I configure a specified PEAP wireless in network-manager

On Thu, 2012-09-20 at 16:47 +0800, Frank wrote:
> On 09/20/2012 04:40 PM, Frank wrote:
> > On 09/19/2012 12:12 AM, Dan Williams wrote:
> >> then we need some
> >> supplicant debug logging instead, which is roughly:
> >>
> >> 1) mv /usr/sbin/wpa_supplicant /
> >> 2) killall -TERM wpa_supplicant
> >> 3) /wpa_supplicant -dddtu
> >> 4) retry the connection and let it fail
> >> 5) grab the supplicant debug output (careful, may be sensitive info)
> >>
> >> But before you do that, NM logs the configuration its sending to the
> >> supplicant to syslog, so try to match that up with what you have from
> >> the plain wpa_supplicant config and see what  the differences are.  You
> >> will see NM send "TKIP CCMP" instead of just "CCMP", but that is not
> >> going to be the problem.
> > I fetched a log and read it roughly, finding some differences. I
> > attached the part which I think is the most crucial. It seems that
> > "flush_object_timeout_handler" had been sent by the key should have
> > been attached, therefore no key was configured and the connection lost.
> >> Does your network have *both* WPA-only and WPA2-only acess points with
> >> the same SSID?
> > There are many wireless access points with the same SSID, but they're
> > all WPA2.
> >> Dan
> >>

> > Best wishes. Thanks!
> To my surprise, when I chose "PEAP version" from "Automatic" to "Version
> 0", it connected! I think that there's some bug there.

The bug is on the RADIUS server side; the supplicant can only
automatically detect the PEAP version in many but not all cases; in
those cases you have to manually choose the PEAP version that the RADIUS
server expects.  Automatic defaults to PEAPv1, but apparently your
server only supports PEAPv0.