Re: Can I configure a specified PEAP wireless in network-manager

On Tue, 2012-09-18 at 14:45 +0800, Frank wrote:
> Here's the wpa_supplicant.conf file:
>
> ap_scan=1
> network={
>     ssid="<SSID Name>"
>     proto=WPA2
>     key_mgmt=WPA-EAP
>     pairwise=CCMP
>     group=CCMP
>     eap=PEAP
>     phase1="peaplabel=0"
>     phase2="auth=GTC"
>     identity="<User name>"
>     password="<Password>"
> }
>
> I can use wpa_supplicant to connect the wireless, but unfortunately,
> when I configured these settings in Network Manager, it failed to
> connect to the network. I wonder what's wrong with that.

If you can get some logs off of NM, that would be great.  They are
normally sent wherever syslog's 'daemon' facility gets logged, various
as /var/log/messages, /var/log/daemon.log,
or /var/log/NetworkManager.log depending on your distro.  That may only
indicate that the supplicant failed to connect, and then we need some
supplicant debug logging instead, which is roughly:

1) mv /usr/sbin/wpa_supplicant /
2) killall -TERM wpa_supplicant
3) /wpa_supplicant -dddtu
4) retry the connection and let it fail
5) grab the supplicant debug output (careful, may be sensitive info)

But before you do that, NM logs the configuration its sending to the
supplicant to syslog, so try to match that up with what you have from
the plain wpa_supplicant config and see what  the differences are.  You
will see NM send "TKIP CCMP" instead of just "CCMP", but that is not
going to be the problem.

Does your network have *both* WPA-only and WPA2-only acess points with
the same SSID?